Director of Finance and Administration
Engaging Schools seeks an experienced non-profit management professional to lead and direct finance, human resources, operations, and information technology systems.
Engaging Schools, a national non-profit organization, envisions school communities where all adults support each and every student to strengthen skills and mindsets needed to thrive and make positive contributions in school, work, and life. To achieve this, we collaborate with educators to create equitable and engaging classrooms and schools that support students’ social, emotional, and academic learning and development.
- Develop and manage organization budgets.
- Maintain the general ledger, manage cash flow, and make bank and other reconciliations.
- Create and present financial reports to Engaging Schools management staff and Board of Directors.
- Analyze financial information to assess current and long-range financial health of the organization.
- Oversee payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of human resources including staff recruiting, hiring, and firing; annual performance reviews; implementation of pay scale; and benefits management.
- Address legal, financial, and administrative requirements by reviewing contracts and complying with government agency requests.
- Ensure efficient and effective product sales systems and activities, and positive customer service.
- Oversee office operations and information technology systems.
- A commitment to the mission of Engaging Schools
- Degree in finance/accounting, non-profit management, or equivalent experience
- Eight to ten years of related financial management plus human resources and supervisory experience
- Extensive experience with accounting software (ideally MAS 90) and superior Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Detail-oriented, reliable, and accurate; able to manage multiple projects and solve problems
- Knowledge of and experience managing information systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative, with strong human relations skills
- Knowledge and experience using IT and database systems
Location: Cambridge, MA
Compensation: Competitive salary and generous benefits package
Deadline for applications: October 30, 2020
Engaging Schools is committed to an inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from a broad spectrum of people who represent the diversity of the schools and districts we serve.